- Expats in Daegu put out pocket-sized monthly
- May 11, 2009
- Daegu, one of Korea’s largest cities, finally has its own magazine produced by and for the expat community. Published in a bilingual format, the magazine provides useful information on streets, buildings, restaurants and events, all for the convenience of non-natives. Even the si...
- American club for Korean culture draws attention
- Feb 23, 2009
- For more than two years, a web-based Korean culture club based in the Washington D.C. area has been building up a large following among Koreans and Americans alike. The group, under the name Fun Korean Culture & Language, operates through the social networking website Meetup....
- New English magazine aims for 10 out of ten
- Feb 11, 2009
- Stephen Revere is a name and face familiar to many locals and long-term foreign residents in Korea. Since arriving in Korea in late 1995, he has amassed a long list of achievements. He was the first American to complete a Master’s degree in teaching Korean as a second language; h...
- More professionals become naturalized Koreans
- Dec 31, 2008
- A ceremony for 26 new Koreans who became naturalized in October was held by the Ministry of Justice on Oct. 27. To become a Korean citizen, one is required to have lived here more than five years and pass the naturalization test. According to Korea Immigration Service, over 9,0...
- The experience of foreign students in Korea
- Dec 31, 2008
- Hema Haninway started learning Korean in 2003 while doing her master’s program in political science in Delhi. She chose Korean after much thought because she was impressed by the country’s dramatic economic growth. "In order to learn about a country’s politics or culture, I b...
- Singer Nam Jin to promote Seoul Immigration Office
- Oct 02, 2008
- Seoul Immigration Office on Wednesday (Oct.1) appointed Korea’s popular middle-aged singer Nam Jin, 62, as its new good-will ambassador. Singer Nam vowed to promote various roles that Seoul Immigration Office plays for newcomers to Korea and help improve overall service. After th...
- Japan-Korea cultural exchange
- May 10, 2008
- By Kazuaki KuboConsul-General of Japan in Denver, Colorado, USA Turning Points During two stays in Korea which totaled seven years, I was deeply involved in cultural exchange activities. First, I was stationed as a diplomatic secretary at the Embassy of Japan in Korea, an...
‹ Prev 21